IASA MEMORIAL FELLOWSHIP: $1000
IASA awards this annual fellowship to the author of the year’s outstanding Ph.D. dissertation or MA thesis proposal in Italian American studies. We welcome all approaches to the field of study.
Graduate students in any discipline whose work focuses on Italian American culture are eligible and encouraged to apply; graduate students in good standing in their own home institution's graduate program (i.e., fully enrolled, degree-seeking; completing work in a timely manner; no academic probation, etc.). Prior candidates are especially encouraged to resubmit previously non- funded applications.
Students applying for conference travel subsidy are also eligible. Please note: Qualifications, seniority, and quality of application will be considered in decision making. The fellowship award is decided by an Italian American Studies Association committee selected via the Executive Board.
PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO:
Committee Chair, Dr. Roseanne Giannini Quinn: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter: (in the body of your e-mail message). Briefly describe your dissertation research project and your progress toward completion.
- Project description: A description of dissertation or thesis work completed or in-progress; format should be three double-spaced pages maximum using a standard 12-point font with 1-inch margins. If the project is a Master’s Degree thesis or Doctoral dissertation, indicate that and describe its scope. It is important that you clearly explain the significance of your research and how it contributes to the advancement of knowledge in the field of Italian American studies.
- Curriculum vitae: Include recent professional activities, awards, honors, courses you have taught, and research publications and presentations. Also, please include current mail address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Maximum length not to exceed two pages.
- Copy of unofficial transcripts: (as proof of good standing).
- Two letters of reference: preferably from an academic advisor, committee member, and/or dissertation director, addressing the relevance of your project to the furthering of Italian American studies.
Please send Documents 2 and 3 as WORD.doc attachments. Unofficial transcripts should be scanned as a PDF document; letters of reference must be sent as scanned documents in PDF form with a signature and on official letterhead.
For any questions about the application process, please contact: Dr. Roseanne Giannini Quinn at the email address listed above.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. The fellowship recipient will be notified via email and will also be announced at the annual IASA conference.