Italian American Studies Association Distinguished Service Award
- Nominees must be current members of the IASA.
- Nominators submit materials to Submittable.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Nominators submit the nomination form presenting the candidate and explaining the individual’s qualifications.
- Nominators submit three letters of support in addition to their own explanation of candidate qualifications housed on the nomination form.
- Nominators submit a current curriculum vitae of the nominee, to be obtained directly from the nominee with the nominee’s consent. While containing the typical information, the CV should also clearly indicate the following,
- Service to the IASA (type and years), highlighted in yellow.
- The number of years the candidate has been a member of the IASA, highlighted in yellow.
- Participation in or presence at IASA conferences, highlighted in yellow.
• Applications may be submitted year-round to Submittable.
• Nominations are received by the president.
• Judges (three board and two at large members) will review all nominations in September and will make a selection at that time.
• Award will be announced/presented at the annual October conference.
• Successful nominees will have made a real and substantial contribution to the Italian American Studies Association through publishing, activism, committee work, recruiting, fundraising, public relations or other such significant activity.
• Current officers and board members are eligible to be candidates for the award.
• Past winners are not eligible for nominations for three years following the year in which they won.
• Annual winners will receive a plaque from the IASA, conference registration paid for that year, and will be interviewed by Diasporic Italy.
IASA Distinguished Service Award Form
Upload required items to Submittable Here